Okay. Okay. Hang on a second.
I know you're all eager to find out who won the Christmas Twiction writing contest, but I need to catch my breath here. I'm winded. Seriously, that was tough. I never expected that judging a small contest like this would be so difficult; there was something that I loved about every entry. Some were very poetic, funny, dark, thrilling, and I must say, clever.
It's not easy to write a story that short...with a limited number of characters, let alone words. So I have to hand it to you...all of you. You all did an exceptional job putting together these short episodes.
Now, on to the important stuff. But first, (I know - the suspense is killing you, but don't kill the messenger, or you'll never know who won) I want to give each participant a moment to shine and to recognize them. If you do not know these folks, they are all excellent writers and poets, some budding, some blooming. Here they are. Please give them a round of applause and patronize their websites....
- Ranee Dillon http://raneedillon.blogspot.com
- Jaque Thay www.jaque-thay.com
- George Pappas http://monogamysucks.wordpress.com
- Marcus Hades http://www.marcushades.com
- Arlene Radasky http://www.radasky.com
- John (No last name found) @bookdreamer http://randomtwitterstories.blogspot.com/
- William Esmomnt http://www.williamesmont.com
- Katie M John http://www.theknighttrilogy.com
- Michele "Shelly" Villery http://shellmusings.blogspot.com/
- Claire E Smith http://lifemusecoffee.wordpress.com/
- Zuzanne http://www.survivingsingledom.blogspot.com/
- Ami Hendrickson http://www.amihendrickson.com/
- Amy Rose Davis http://modicumoftalent.com/
- Sheilagh Lee http://sheilaghlee.blogspot.com/
- Ronnie Kennedy http://williampeepsdiary.blogspot.com
- David Brydon http://davidbrydonblog.blogspot.com
- Sue Catrama http://hubpages.com/author/suizyQ/hot/
- Jezri http://twitter.com/jezri1
- Jemima Valentino http://www.e-quills.co.uk/
The entries at the top of my list were...
- Marcus Hades: Loved the twist Marcus. It was sad and dark and I really liked that.
- Jemima Valentino: I didn't think I'd get another entry as good as yours.
- Arlene Radasky: Flesh & blood characters from another time. I wanted to read the book!
- Ami Hendrickson: I like the story - grandpa up on the roof - very clever.
- Kate M John: I was tittilated and grossed out. You painted a great scene!
- Jaque Thay: If I ever need to execute the Easter Bunny, I'll be sure to give you a call. Nice work.
- William Esmont: I can't get the jingle-jingle from that zombie out of my head.
- Ranee Dillon: Nice prose. I felt as if I was there by the fire, warming my hands, listening to you.
Arlene Radasky Marcus Hades Jemima Valentino
Doing what you three did with Twiction, is very commendable. Great job, Arlene, Marcus and Jemima! All 3 of you win a FREE book cover design by me if you're interested, and a FREE copy of my short suspense, The Rumblin'.
But wait! The rest of the contestants can get a free copy of The Rumblin' as well. I know it's not much, but you all worked hard and frankly, I'm a poor writer with nothing else to give. Great job! Next week I'll have guest blogger, Molly Campbell, an avid reader, tell you what she is looking for in a good book.
Hope you all have a great New Year and be sure to follow The Writing Bomb.
All participants can get your free copy here... The Rumblin' BOOM!