If you've published a new book between May 1, 2012 and May 1, 2013, You Could Win Over $1,000 in Cash and Prizes! The Kindle Book Review's 2nd Annual Best Indie Book Awards is underway, and is better than ever!
The 2012 Best Indie Book Contest was judged solely by the reviewers at The Kindle Book Review. The reviewers are avid readers, judges at contests like The San Francisco Book Fair, Phd's, and readers just like you. They've read and reviewed hundreds of books in 2012, aside from the contest. You can see the 2012 winners and finalists HERE.
TOP-5 Reasons Why You Should Submit Your Book?
- You could win over $1,000 in cash and publicity!
- Winning awards lets the world know that you have a great book.
- You finally get the affirmation that your writing stands up to top notch writers.
- We have the BEST sponsors... and they are providing FREE promotion.
- This is a grass roots contest, judged by some of the BEST reviewers on the planet!
Awards: $300 cash + over $700 in promo credit to EACH winner compliments of our sponsors!Who are our sponsors? The BEST in the business.
Support our sponsors and tell them "The Kindle Book Review sent you."
Qualifications: Any indie/small press author (book) published to Amazon between May 1, 2012 and May 1, 2013 (see categories). ONLY ONE (1) BOOK PER AUTHOR.
Format: All ebooks must be formatted in a Kindle acceptable file such as .MOBI, .PRC, .AZW, .AZW1, .TXT.
When: Registration starts NOW and ends May 1, 2013 (Final cut off... no exceptions).
- YA (Young Adult)
- Literary Fiction
- Memoir/Fictionalized Memoir (No "How-To" non-fiction)
- Poetry (Collections and Epic Poems ONLY)
- Each winner (x8) will receive $300 in cash courtesy of The Kindle Book Review ($250) and Digital Book Today ($50).
- The Kindle Book Review: $100 promotional credit.
- Digital Book Today: $50 in promotional credit.
- World Literary Cafe: $139 in promotional credit.
- Kindle Boards: $50 group-wide promotional credit via a post announcing winners.
- Author Marketing Club: $250 group-wide promotional credit via a post announcing winners.
- Kindle Nation Daily: $179 group-wide promotional credit/announcement.
TOTAL PROMOTIONAL CREDIT: $768
TOTAL CASH PRIZE: $300
TOTAL AWARD PER WINNER: $1,068 in cash and promotional credit!
Winning This Contest Could be a Game Changer!
This contest is ONLY possible because of the reviewers here at The Kindle Book Review. These folks have read and reviewed over 800 books in the last year and a half. Thank you KBR reviewers!
Here's how the contest works:
1. You register.
2. Your submission goes to our 3 screeners (Comprised of our top reviewers).
3. The screeners will read a sampling from your book (equivalent to the sample in the "Look Inside" section Amazon provides on your book page). In order to advance as a "Semi-finalist", you must earn 2 out of 3 "yes" votes from the screeners. If you pass the first test, you advance as a"Semi-finalist".
4. We will announce the Semi-finalists on July 1, 2013
5. The Semi-finalists' books will be sent to the genre specific judges. The judges will read your full manuscript.
6. We will announce the 40 Top-5 Finalists in each category on Sept. 1, 2013.
7. We will announce the 8 winners on October 1, 2013.
What are we looking for? We are awarding the very best indie/small press books. It's that simple.
What's the judging criteria?: These books must grab us in the first several pages, have excellent literary quality (great story/plot/excellent writing/editing and character development) and be professionally formatted. Only the most professional books will win. Period. Here's exactly what we are looking for...
Cover image: Does the cover look professional? Grab our attention? (Not judged in initial screening. Used only when deciding the Top-5 finalists, and Winners).
Formatting: Is the book professionally formatted for Kindle?
Sample: Does the sample grab us from the beginning?
Plot: Is it exciting/intriguing/original?
Writing: Is the writing excellent?
Editing: Aside from writing skills, is the book edited professionally?
Characters: Are the characters fully developed? Point of view used correctly?
Themes: Does the book make you think/change the reader? Or is it extremely entertaining?
Story: Did we get lost in the story?
Ending: Was the ending satisfying?
What if my book doesn't fit into the genres listed: We understand that there are many more categories than we've listed. We recommend finding the closest category. Simply write your genre in the "other" category (see registration form).
I don't have a Kindle file. How can I properly format my book? First of all, if your book is already published to Amazon, you should have a file. We recommend that you have your ebook professionally formatted because it is always best to have your own digital files to provide to reviewers, etc. You can also download your ebook file by going to your KDP Bookshelf, click on "edit book details" and then scroll down the page until you come to "Preview your Book" and click on the blue link "downloadable book preview file". This is a mobi formatted file. But if you don't have a mobi file for example, I recommend Ted Risk at Dellaster designs. He can turn a doc file into polished ebook for kindle and most other platforms. Ted has a 24-48 hour turn around time, and does a fantastic job.
Why ONLY Kindle format? Because we are The "Kindle" Book Review, we only deal in Kindle books, and all our reviewers have Kindle eReaders.
How Can You Help Promote the Contest?
1. Pay attention to important "announcement" dates and send your readers/fans here to see the semi-finalists, finalists, and winner lists. Important dates are July, 1 (announce Semi-finalists)---Sept. 1 (announce Top-5 Category Finalists)---Oct.1 (announce Winners).
2. Paste the html code below on your blog and write a blog post. Feel free to grab the image below.
3. Tweet about the contest and tweet our announcements. Here's the short link to this page: http://ow.ly/hj5eO
- Here's the long link: http://www.thekindlebookreview.net/2013-best-indie-book-contest/
- Here's a sample tweet: Register for The 2013 Best Indie Book Awards @Kindlbookreview http://ow.ly/hj5eO You could WIN over $1,000 in CA$H and Prizes! #amwriting
4. Post a Link on Facebook and at your writer groups/associations (see links in #3).
Copy the following HTML code to get our contest badge:
<a href="http://www.thekindlebookreview.net/2013-best-indie-book-contest/"><img title="2013BIABANNER-adjusted-2-1" src="http://www.thekindlebookreview.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/2013BIABANNER-adjusted-2-11.jpg" alt="" width="200" height="299" /></a>
**If you would like to submit your book in 2014, join our Author Mailing list HERE.
**If you'd like to subscribe to The Kindle Book Review click HERE.